So recently I watched Kurt Vonnegut’s video on the Shapes of Stories, incase you haven’t seen this video you can watch it here. Kurt goes on to explain the ups and downs on stories, i will admit, at first it’s a bit odd and confusing but it starts to make sense, almost makes you look at things a little differently.
My task today is to try and recreate this but with a story of my choice, I’ve chose to do this based on the book called Girl Online, by Zoe Sugg. I read this book just before i moved back to uni and honestly i loved it! so here goes…
****SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVN’T READ THIS BOOK***
I have tried to make a bit of a video to show you the ‘Shapes of the story’ in this book, my free trail for adobe premier has expired, so please bare with me while i try to learn how to use Imovie…
So if you watched Kurt Vonnegut’s video, then you would know the the higher the curve goes, the better good fortune, and the lower means the ill fortune and the time line means beginning to end.
- So the story starts of as a nice middle class girl.
- She makes a horrible embarrassment of herself in front on her whole school including friends and parents.
- She get’s told that she’s going to spend christmas in NEW YORK with her best friend and family.
- She meets a handsome mysterious man and falls in love.
- But, after the new year she has to go home, with high hopes of seeing each other again soon.
- When she get’s home she finds out devastating news about her mysterious man.
- But as all happy endings go, he comes back to save the day and happily ever after they go…
Well until the next book which i’m yet to read! 🙂
I hope you enjoyed this post! if you did do you have a favourite book? If so I’d love to know so i could read some! 🙂