I thought this assignment would be easy, all I’ve ever wanted to do is build and create my own house, including the bedroom! However, I forgot how indecisive i am… This assignment really interests me because ever since i was young I used to move house every two years, meaning i got a new bedroom to redecorate every two years, and i loved it. I used to plan it out to the extreme, being given budgets by my dad and I would find the perfect wallpaper and some fresh new bedding, everything would have to look perfect….I will admit now, I am a massive control freak any everything would have to be my way or no way.
I think that the idea of this really goes against the traditional approach to creating a room, or a house or something. Usually you’d go to B&Q and get samples of wall paper and tape them to your wall to see what you like best! It really shows just how big technology is and how it impacts everything possible. Who knows how we’ll be designing rooms and houses in 10 or 20 years time, robots maybe??
So for this assignment I created a new board on Pinterest, once I had signed up, called ‘dream room‘ and basically searched every thing i would ever dream of having in one room- view, fairy lights, bedding, fire place, maps. Then i simply just add the picture to my dream room wall, and WALAAAA!
To describe in one word what i like my dream room to be like it:
Here’s a little screen shot of what my final dream room looks like;
Every picture I chose to go onto my dream room wall reflects me in some way, so here’s just a few of the pictures i chose, and why I chose them!
First things first, for any room to have the ‘wow’ factor, it needs a view. End of discussion.
Whether that’s a view of the sea side
A snowy forest,
The big bright lights of the city,
Or who said simplicity was bad?
I’m glad that’s out the way now, now a colour scheme, i like, no love! Really simplistic colours, i like greys and blue’s, golds and pink, I like everything to be quite subtle.
Now the real business starts, bed, my bed had to be the cosiest thing going, i like the puffiest duvet, fur throws, lots of pillows. I told you i like my comfort.
- I love everything about this bed, the headboard, the throw, the cushions, and i love white bed sheets, however many chocolate milkshakes i spill in them…
2. Now you can’t tell me that wouldn’t be the cosiest thing ever?! to have a fire place right next to your bed? oh and a cute little dog on your bed…
3. Do i need to say anything, its simplistic yet so wonderful, i think i need to invest in a fur bed throw now…
The few last important things that make a room yours, are the decorations, I either have loads or none, i feel like there just no happy medium for me with decorations.
- I think fairly lights can make any room look cosy, with your awesome view and your fireplace, I don’t see how you could want to be anywhere else?!
2. If you didn’t know already, I love traveling, and i couldn’t find a better way to express my love than this big map, and hanging pictures or quotes of the places you’ve been.
3. I wish my bed side table was this organised, no chance! However I love the idea of putting the extension cord in your draw, no mess and everything is right there where you need it, very handy!
4. Finally, as i said before I love the fairly lights, not fairly lights hanging up photographs of my adventures and loved ones, now thats a winner.